Using traditional yoga principles, the hammocks bring focus to your practice, becoming your work space, replacing the traditional yoga mat. Aerial yoga defies gravity and allows you to perform various yoga poses that may be difficult to do on the ground, but easier suspended or assisted. Suitable for all levels as we can modify accordingly.
The combination of both Aerial Fitness and Yoga creates a fun, challenging workout!
This programme is designed to be taught to all levels and can help clients with remedial needs. Specific attention is paid to modifying exercises for individuals, correcting and ‘spotting clients’.
Our classes are all about fun and fitness; for all ages, sizes and abilities. We all work together to be encouraging and all inclusive. Please browse the website for information regarding class timetable before emailing us, but if there is something you cant find then don’t hesitate to ask!
Aerial Yoga has many benefits:
– Total body workout
– Psychologically beneficial
– Improves flexibility
– Heals back problems
– Increases strength
– Puts you in a great mood
– Improves balance
– Aids digestion
– Improves circulation
– Improves memory
Added benefits of the hammocks include:
- Full inversions to decompress joints.
- Intensifying body weight through part suspension.
- Balanced with total relaxation as you rest & de-stress in the hammocks.
- Build your confidence & energy levels.
- Weight loss.
- Fun way to keep fit.
What is best to wear?
- Gym trousers (Lycra or Leggings) to start with is ok such that it covers the backs of the knees.
- Leg warmers.
- Vest top and Light Jumper (Wear clothing that covers your armpit area and entire midriff).
- No jewellery is to be worn or anything that can get caught on the hammock.
- Allow any food in your stomach to fully digest prior to attending class.
- Are not overly hungry when attending class, so that you do not get “light-headed” when upside-down.
- Please bring your own Yoga mat for the floor sections of the class (Basic Fitness Matt can be provided).